Recognition honors companies demonstrating business integrity through best-in-class ethics, compliance, and governance practices
MELVILLE, N.Y.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), the world’s largest provider of health care solutions to office-based dental and medical practitioners, has been recognized by Ethisphere, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Henry Schein has been recognized 12 times and is the only honoree in the Healthcare Products industry. In 2023, 135 honorees spanning 19 countries and 46 industries were recognized.
“On behalf of the more than 22,000 Team Schein Members, we are pleased to once again be recognized by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies,” said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Henry Schein. “Our commitment to the success of the stakeholders that make up our ‘Mosaic of Success’ – Team Schein Members, Customers, Supplier Partners, Shareholders, and Society – has long been the foundation of our purpose-driven approach to business. Fulfilling this commitment requires tackling significant external challenges to our collective success, including climate change, health inequities, supply chain resilience, and the underrepresentation of women, ethnic minorities, and other diverse populations in health care, among others. While progress has been made, much work remains, and we are committed to continuing the journey as a socially responsible corporate citizen.”
Among Henry Schein’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) efforts are:
- Partnering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and serving as Chair of the Gold Foundation Corporate Council to support the mental health of the general public and health care professionals;
- Committing to the Business Ambition for 1.5⁰C and the Race to Zero campaigns, which seeks to rally leadership from the private sector for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery;
- Signing Paradigm for Parity® to achieve gender equality in corporate leadership and the United Nations Human Rights Office LGBTI Standards for Business to promote equal rights and fair treatment of the LGBTI community;
- Serving on the World Economic Forum CEO Alliance for Climate Leaders;
- Collaborating with community-based agencies to help educate managers on recognizing mental health distress;
- Promoting health equity for children, patients with special needs, and vulnerable populations through initiatives with Project Accessible Oral Health, Santa Fe Group, ADA Foundation’s Give Kids A Smile, Release the Pressure with the National Medical Association, and others;
- Publishing a corporate Human Rights Statement, co-founding the Responsible Glove Alliance, and developing internal human rights training for Team Schein Members;
- Advocating for diversity and inclusion in the health care profession via national, state, local, and culturally diverse dental associations, including partnering with the National Dental Association to create an experience helping to expose high school students from underrepresented communities to the dental profession and dental team opportunities through the S.M.I.L.E. Healthcare Pathways™ program; and
- Creating and delivering diversity and inclusion training for practitioners to help increase cultural competency and patient experience.
“Congratulations to Henry Schein for being recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 12 consecutive years,” said Ethisphere CEO Erica Salmon Byrne. “We applaud Henry Schein and its Team Schein Members for their dedication to building a robust ethics and compliance culture and seeking to address important issues today, including environmental sustainability, diversity of its stakeholders, advancing health equity, and much more, all while providing health care professionals with the products and services needed to deliver quality patient care across the globe.”
To learn more about Henry Schein’s ESG efforts, please visit www.henryschein.com/corporatecitizenship.
Ethics & Performance
Ethisphere’s 2023 Ethics Index, the collection of publicly traded companies recognized as recipients of this year’s World’s Most Ethical Companies designation, outperformed a comparable index of large-cap companies by 13.6 percentage points over a five-year period.
Methodology & Scoring
Grounded in Ethisphere’s proprietary Ethics Quotient®, the World’s Most Ethical Companies assessment process includes more than 200 questions on culture, environmental and social practices, ethics and compliance activities, governance, diversity, and initiatives that support a strong value chain. The process serves as an operating framework to capture and codify the leading practices of organizations across industries and around the globe.
To view the full list of this year’s honorees, please visit the World’s Most Ethical Companies website, at https://worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/honorees.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 22,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company’s network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 300,000 branded products and Henry Schein corporate brand products in our distribution centers.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 32 countries and territories. The Company’s sales reached $12.6 billion in 2022, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 12.1 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995.
Ethisphere is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust, and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World’s Most Ethical Companies® recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA), and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with Ethisphere Magazine. Ethisphere also helps to advance business performance through data-driven assessments, guidance, and benchmarking against its unparalleled data: the Culture Quotient dataset focused on ethical culture and featuring the responses of 2+ million employees around the world; and the Ethics Quotient dataset, featuring 200+ data points highlighting the ethics, compliance, social, and governance practices of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. For more information, visit https://ethisphere.com.
Ann Marie Gothard
Vice President, Global Corporate Media Relations
Ethisphere Media Contact
VP, Media and Communications