- CorpGov Premium interviewed Mark Grothe, Senior Research Analyst, M&A and Contested Situations, Glass Lewis
- Discussed how companies with poor total shareholder return (TSR) can still explain strategy and tell a story
- The importance of measurement periods when calculating TSR
- Why Glass Lewis supported company slates in cases of Huntsman and Hasbro while ISS backed activists
- Explains the pitfalls of ESG-based activism, specifically when it’s unrelated to the activist’s operational thesis
Mark Grothe, Senior Research Analyst, M&A and Contested Situations, Glass Lewis, explains that even when companies have a very poor total shareholder return (TSR), there are ways to explain a strategy and tell a compelling story. CLICK HERE to watch the full interview on CorpGov Premium.